Preventative Testing for Young Athletes
Each year numerous American high school athletes pass away from undiagnosed heart problems. The EveryHeart Foundation identifies kids at risk, treats their issues, and makes sure they don’t miss a snap, shot or spike!
Our free screening takes about 45 minutes and consists of the following tests:
- Echocardiography – LOOKING FOR: Enlarged Hearts, Holes, Leaky Valves, Muscle Stiffness
- EKG – LOOKING FOR: Cardiac Arrhythmia, Inflammation, Abnormal Blood Vessels
- Blood Pressure Assessment – LOOKING FOR: High Blood Pressure, Abnormal Stress Response
“I wanted to let you know that this screening revealed some potentially serious medical issues for Logan and I am super glad it was performed. He is scheduled for surgery tonsils, adenoids, turbinate over spring break, with a septoplasty to follow that.
He has left ventricle regurgitation and his right ventricle is working too hard. He has been consulted on by Children’s Hospital cardiology department.
There were no other signs other than horrendous snoring that would have called for a cardiac consult so thank you!
I am glad I signed my athlete up for this screening.”
Register to Get Tested at Your High School
EveryHeart will provide screenings at the following High Schools:
- August 2nd 2018 Cherry Creek High School – FULL (Contact office for screening at Boone Heart Institute)
- August 3rd 2018 Grandview High School – FULL (Contact office for screening at Boone Heart Institute)
All screening time slots have been filled for our upcoming school testing at the above High Schools. If you are interested in having yourself or your child tested, please complete the form below to request a heart screening at Boone Heart Institute:
950 E. Harvard Avenue
Denver, CO 80210
To make an appointment for your screening at the Boone Heart Institute, call (303) 762-0710.