The following tests have been selected by our Medical Director, Jeffrey L. Boone, MD, an internationally recognized expert in the prevention of heart disease. In combination, they give us the best, most efficient, and cost effective picture of a young person’s cardiovascular health.
- DESCRIPTION: A 15-minute ultrasound of the heart muscle and valves
- DETAILS: Determines the thickness, compliance, and size of the heart chambers and assesses the anatomy of the heart and its valves
- LOOKING FOR: Enlarged Hearts, Holes, Leaky Valves and Muscle Stiffness
- DESCRIPTION: A 5-minute test using electrodes on the wrists, ankles, and chest
- DETAILS: A measurement of the electrical impulses of the heart
- LOOKING FOR: Cardiac Arrhythmia, Inflammation, Abnormal Blood Vessels
BLOOD PRESSURE ASSESSMENT
- DESCRIPTION: A three-part blood pressure reading, at rest and under simulated mental stress
- DETAILS: A unique stress and blood pressure assessment, designed to detect the presence of stress factors that trigger heart attack, stroke, and heart failure
- LOOKING FOR: High Blood Pressure, Abnormal Stress Response
CAROTID INTIMA MEDIA THICKNESS (C-IMT)
- DESCRIPTION: A 10-minute ultrasound of the carotid arteries in the neck
- DETAILS: A measurement of the thickness of the interior lining of the carotid artery, the breeding ground for potentially deadly plaque.
- LOOKING FOR: Prematurely Thick Arteries, Inflammation, Carotid Plaque
Our EveryHeart Reports tell the athlete, his or her parents, and the family’s physician exactly what our tests found and what steps to take following the evaluation. Each athlete tested will walk away with a step-by-step plan to improve their heart health and perform at their highest level.